By using our website, you agree to the use of our cookies.



  • days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
🇳🇬 👍 🇳🇬

35 years old man gets electrocuted in delta State


35-year-old man has been electrocuted by Christmas decorations mounted on the Nnebisi Road, Asaba, Delta State.



The victim, popularly called Jaja, was said to have been engaged by the contractor to the Asaba Capital Territory Development Agency on beautification to dismantle the decorations when he was electrocuted and died on the spot on Monday.



An eyewitness and fellow worker told our correspondent that the victim was disconnecting the decorations when one of the wires on the street light poles fell and electrocuted him.



“Jaja climbed the pole with a metal ladder to disconnect the street light. One of the wires suddenly snapped and touched the ladder he was standing on and he was electrocuted,” he stated.



The street lights were initially powered by generators during former governor Emmanuel Uduaghan’s administration, but were connected to the national grid in 2015 by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.



A source, who lamented that the disconnection crew could not rescue the victim, who died on the spot, said the corpse was deposited in the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba.



When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Onome Onovwakpoyeya, said the case had not been reported at any police divi sion in Asaba.


Source: www.punchng


Contents provided and/or opinions expressed here do not reflect the opinions of The Pacesetter Frontier Magazine or any employee thereof.

Support The Pacesetter Frontier Magazine

It takes a lot to get credible, true and reliable stories.

As a privately owned media outfit, we believe in setting the pace and leaving strides in time.

If you like what we do, you can donate a token to us here. Your support will ensure that the right news is put out there at all times, reaching an unlimited number of persons at no cost to them.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *