2023 GOVERNORSHIP AND
STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS
A statement by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Emmanuel Ogbeche, yesterday, drew attention of the public to the incident and said people should disregard unsolicited messages seeking financial assistance, noting that one of the governor’s phone numbers had been compromised.
Ogbeche said: “There have been apprehensions in many quarters over unsolicited messages allegedly from Governor Otu seeking financial assistance. The public is pleased advised to disregard any such messages purportedly from the governor.
“One of the governor’s mobile numbers was breached by hi-tech criminals in the early hours of February 11, 2024. The hackers have gone on to utilise the breached number to advance their nefarious activities to try to scam unsuspecting individuals. Please, do not fall to such devious attempt.
“The hacked number has been secured, while relevant security agencies are working to apprehend those behind this obnoxious act.”
Contents provided and/or opinions expressed here do not reflect the opinions of The Pacesetter Frontier Magazine or any employee thereof.
Support The Pacesetter Frontier Magazine
It takes a lot to get credible, true and reliable stories.
As a privately owned media outfit, we believe in setting the pace and leaving strides in time.
If you like what we do, you can donate a token to us here. Your support will ensure that the right news is put out there at all times, reaching an unlimited number of persons at no cost to them.
LP Chieftain Obaze Accuses President Tinubu Of Copying Peter Obi’s Manifesto on Oronsaye Report
Advertisement Oseloka Henry Obaze, a Labour Party chieftain has accused the Tinubu-led administration of copying Peter Obi’s manifesto in the…
Tinubu okays full implementation of the Orosanye Report
Advertisement The Federal Executive Council (FEC), on Monday, approved the adoption of the Orosanye Report, aimed at the reduction of…